Learn about the eight must-have new features in V-Ray 3.5 for 3ds Max including Adaptive Lights, our new efficient lighting algorithm which drastically speeds up render times. You’ll also get to see other features in action including GPU and CPU improvements, resumable rendering and much more.
Adaptive Lights: A new method for accelerating the rendering of scenes with many light sources.
Resumable rendering: V-Ray will save its current render state in the course of rendering in order to resume after interruption.
Interactive production rendering: The V-Ray production renderer can be used in interactive rendering mode.
GPU improvements: Continued V-Ray GPU development has led to faster speeds and an expanded feature set.
Live VR rendering: Render directly to VR with V-Ray GPU and preview on HTC Vive and Oculus Rift headsets.
Glossy Fresnel: New, physically-accurate reflection model adds more realism to any scene.
alSurface material: Anders Langlands’ popular alSurface material is now available in V-Ray.
MDL materials: Import and render materials created with NVIDIA’s Material Definition Language.esume after interruption.
PROFESSIONAL RENDERING FOR ARCHITECTS & DESIGNERS.
V-Ray for Revit is built for architects who want to create great design renders without the learning curve.
• Quality: V-Ray for Revit lets you render professional, high resolution images with realistic lights, materials, and cameras.
• Power: V-Ray for Revit is built to handle your biggest building models.
• Speed: V-Ray is fast. Render quickly and make design decisions faster.
• Design: V-Ray for Revit is made for designers. It’s fast to set up, with no complicated settings and no training required.
• The industry standard: 92 of the top 100 architecture firms in the world render with V-Ray every day.
Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and modern production pipelines, V-Ray 3.0 for Maya is a full suite of physically-based lighting, shading and rendering tools tightly integrated into Autodesk Maya.
V-Ray 3.0 for Maya focuses on artist productivity and delivers a powerful new set of features and improvements to speed up lighting, look development and rendering workflows.
Render most scenes up to 20-50% faster with V-Ray 3.3 for Maya.
• New image sampler – new Variance-based Adaptive Sampler [VBAS] with better noise detection for cleaner, higher quality images.
• Automatic sampling of lights & materials – by default, the new Variance-based Adaptive Sampler evaluates lights and materials automatically. Now, setup is quicker and easier with fewer settings to adjust.
• GPU production rendering – V-Ray RT GPU is now available as a final frame production renderer.
• V-Ray scene file node
• V-Ray Clipper w/ render-time booleans
• Hosek sky & Aerial perspective
• Ray traced rounded corners
• Triplanar mapping
• Stochastic flakes
• V-Ray falloff texture
Important updates to V-Ray 3.3 for Maya
• Faster volume rendering
• Improved GPU rendering
• Improved global illumination
• Look development
• OpenSubdiv 3.0
• XGen improvements
• Refined and simplified UI
64-bit Autodesk® Maya® versions 2012 or later;
Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are not recommended.
The use of imaged machines is not recommended due to the fact that the licensing is hardware dependent.
To provide optimum security, reliability, and portability Chaos Group requires a hardware key
to license its software. This hardware security key safely protects the V-Ray License from
computer malfunctions, routine hardware maintenance, and equipment changes; and it
provides users the ability to use V-Ray on multiple machines.
It is important to note that the hardware key is not a node-locked device. The VRay License
Server is a floating license system, allowing multiple users to check out a license up to the
maximum concurrent number of licenses available.
VRay for SketchUp provides designers with faster rendering, better lighting tools, and the ability to create and visualize complex scenes. This designer-friendly rendering solution for SketchUp features dramatic improvements to visualization workflow with V-Ray RT and improved image based lighting quality with the VRay Dome Light. VRay Proxy allows for easier complex scene management with highly detailed models.
• Skatter Support – VRay for SketchUp now fully supports the new Skatter Extension for randomly placing vegetation and other objects in a scene. You now have the power to create anything in VRay for SketchUp!
• ArchVision for SketchUp Support – With VRay support of the new ArchVision for SketchUp extension you now have an extensive library of content at your fingertips for all of your rendering needs. Simply add them to your scene anywhere you like.
• Improved Animation – VRay now renders Animations more with more stability than ever before!
• Improved Batch Rendering – VRay now allows users a more stable experience when rendering multiple single frames using the batch render tool!
VRay for SketchUp has a rich set of features, making high quality visualization fast and easy. Here are some of the key features:
VRay for Rhino offers visualization professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism. The plug-in works with Robert McNeel & Associates’ Rhinoceros, which is one of the most popular Windows-based NURBS modeling tools available today.
Rhino users in all fields – from engineering and product design to 3D animation – rely on V-Ray as a quick, easy and cost efficient way to render their most cutting-edge images.
• Batch Render: Еasily queue up files and specific views to be rendered in a batch process.
• Show in Viewport: With the new texture manipulation option you can now control which textures will be visible in the Rhino viewport.
• Pack all VRay Materials: Archive your VRay for Rhino materials and all external files into a single ZIP for easy sharing and back up.
• Improved support for using V-Ray Frame Buffer Channels.
• New toolbar for Batch Render, Guess Lens Shift, Edit Material and set Focus Point tools.
• New and improved product documentation.
• Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor.
• 200 MB disk space.
• 512 MB RAM minimum. 2-3 GB or more recommended.
VRay for Rhino runs only on:
• Rhino 4, 5
• Windows 2000 including server
• Windows XP Pro
• Windows XP Home
• Windows Vista*
• Windows 7*
• Windows 8*
VRay for Rhino will not run on:
• Windows NT
• Windows 95
• Windows 98
• Windows ME
• OS X or lower
* VRay for Rhino runs as a 32-bit application on Windows x64 and will also run as a 64-bit application with the 64-bit version of Rhino 5.
* Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are not recommended.
* The VRay Express toolbar works only in Rhino 5. It will work either the 32 bit version or the 64-bit version.
* Currently we do not have a version of VRay for Rhino on the OS X platform. We have been in contact with Robert McNeel and Associates regarding the options for porting our Windows version of VRay for Rhino to Rhino for OS X. However, Rhino for OS X is in the work-in-progress phase and the official Rhino OS X SDK for third party developers is not yet available. We will continue to investigate our options and will announce news on V-Ray for Rhino OS X as soon as it becomes available.
Add More Render Power with V-Ray 3 Render Nodes. Cost effective V-Ray Render Nodes are compatible with the following applications:
• V-Ray 3 for 3ds Max
• V-Ray 3 for Maya
• V-Ray 3 for MODO
• V-Ray 3 for NUKE
• V-Ray 3 Standalone
• V-Ray for Blender
• V-Ray 3 for SketchUp
• V-Ray 3 for Revit
• V-Ray 3 for Rhino (Coming soon)
1. FAST DISTRIBUTED RENDERING
Render single images faster using the combined computing power of multiple machines.
2. FLEXIBLE NETWORK RENDERING
Take advantage of all the computers in your network to render high-resolution imagery and animation.
3. EASY TO MANAGE
Supported by popular render managers Thinkbox Deadline, PipelineFX Qube and Autodesk Backburner.
Keep working while you render. Offload rendering tasks to other machines.
Render nodes are an affordable way to expand your render power.
Render node licenses support a wide range of V-Ray 3.x applications.